The Boys Ballet Summer Intensive Partnering Workshop offers girls-only Technique, Partnering with the men, and girls-only Variations classes.*
The BBSI Partnering Workshop will take place at both BBSI North Carolina and BBSI Maryland.
Dancers will have the option to attend both weeks, or choose one of the two weeks to attend. A tuition discount is offered to families who attend for both weeks.
Girls must be ages 12-18 in an intermediate to advanced ballet level with a minimum of two years en pointe. An in-person audition at International Ballet Academy or video audition is required for the BBSI Partnering Workshop. On the audition registration form, please specify the dancer’s preferred location(s).
Class size is very limited. There will be a wait list.
*Variations class is exclusively offered at BBSI North Carolina.
In-person audition at International Ballet Academy in Cary, NC:
- Date: Saturday, March 9th, 2019
- Check in: 9:30am – 10:00am
- Audition: 10:00am – 11:30am
- Please bring ballet flat shoes and pointe shoes
- Please wear a plain black spaghetti strap leotard
Please note: Dancers are required to register for the audition prior to March 9th, 2019.
Video audition submission deadline: TBA
BBSI Partnering Workshop audition video requirements:
Note: All combinations must be done en pointe in the center
- Adage combination
- Échappé and Passé pointework combination
- Turning combination
- Grand Allegro combination
- Black spaghetti strap leotard (cotton or microfiber, no tank leotards)
- Pink tights
- Ballet flat shoes
- New Pointe shoes (to be worn for center, Partnering, and Variations, NO DEAD SHOES)
- No shorts, large hair accessories, or large earrings. (Skirts are only allowed in Variations)
BBSI Partnering Workshop Maryland:
BBSI Partnering Workshop North Carolina:
- Session A or B (1 week): $350.00
- Sessions A & B (2 weeks): $625.00
Tuition due within two weeks of acceptance.