The Boys Ballet Summer Intensive Partnering Workshop offers Ladies Technique, Partnering with the men, and Ladies Variations classes.
The Boys Ballet Summer Intensive Partnering Workshop 2020 will take place from August 3-15, 2020.
Dancers will have the option to attend both weeks, or choose one of the two weeks to attend. A tuition discount is offered to students who attend for both weeks.
Ladies must be age 12-18 in an intermediate to advanced ballet level with a minimum of two years en pointe. An in-person audition at International Ballet Academy on March 21st, 2020 or video audition is required for the BBSI Partnering Workshop. Class size is very limited. There will be a wait list.
In-person audition at International Ballet Academy in Cary, NC:
- Date: Saturday, March 21st, 2020
- Check in: 9:30am – 10:00am
- Audition: 10:00am – 11:30am
- Please bring ballet flat shoes and pointe shoes
- Please wear a plain black spaghetti strap leotard
Please note: Dancers are required to register online for the audition prior to March 21st, 2019.
All combinations must be done en pointe in the center.
- Adage combination
- Échappé and Passé pointework combination
- Turning combination
- Grand Allegro combination
Note: We keep will video applications open until we reach maximum capacity.
BBSI Partnering Workshop 2020 daily classes include:
- Ladies Technique
- Partnering with the Men
- Ladies Variations
Faculty coming soon.
- Week 1 or 2 (1 week): $350.00
- Weeks 1 & 2 (2 weeks): $625.00
Tuition is due within two weeks of acceptance.
Please note that tuition is nonrefundable.
- Black spaghetti strap leotard (cotton or microfiber, no tank leotards)
- Pink tights
- Ballet flat shoes
- New Pointe shoes (to be worn for center, Partnering, and Variations, NO DEAD SHOES)
- No shorts, large hair accessories, or large earrings. (Skirts are allowed only in Variations)