Registration is now closed for ladies to audition for the 2019 BBSI Partnering Workshop.
The Boys Ballet Summer Intensive Partnering Workshop offers Ladies Technique, Partnering with the men, and Ladies Variations classes. The BBSI Partnering Workshop will take place at both BBSI North Carolina and BBSI Maryland. Variations class is exclusively offered at BBSI North Carolina.
Dancers will have the option to attend both weeks, or choose one of the two weeks to attend. A tuition discount is offered to families who attend for both weeks.
Girls must be ages 12-18 in an intermediate to advanced ballet level with a minimum of two years en pointe. An in-person audition at International Ballet Academy or video audition is required for the BBSI Partnering Workshop. On the audition registration form, please specify the dancer’s preferred location(s). Class size is very limited. There will be a wait list.
- Black spaghetti strap leotard (cotton or microfiber, no tank leotards)
- Pink tights
- Ballet flat shoes
- New Pointe shoes (to be worn for center, Partnering, and Variations, NO DEAD SHOES)
- No shorts, large hair accessories, or large earrings. (Skirts are only allowed in Variations)
BBSI Partnering Workshop Maryland:
BBSI Partnering Workshop North Carolina:
- Session A or B (1 week): $350.00
- Sessions A & B (2 weeks): $625.00
Tuition due within two weeks of acceptance.
Please note that BBSI North Carolina and BBSI Maryland tuition is nonrefundable.
Video Audition (CLOSED)
Video audition submission deadline: Friday, April 5th, 2019
BBSI Partnering Workshop audition video requirements:
Note: All combinations must be done en pointe in the center
- Adage combination
- Échappé and Passé pointework combination
- Turning combination
- Grand Allegro combination
In-Person Audition (CLOSED)
In-person audition at International Ballet Academy in Cary, NC:
- Date: Saturday, March 9th, 2019
- Check in: 9:30am – 10:00am
- Audition: 10:00am – 11:30am
- Please bring ballet flat shoes and pointe shoes
- Please wear a plain black spaghetti strap leotard
Please note: Dancers are required to register for the audition prior to March 9th, 2019.