BBSI Partnering Workshop 2024
July 29th – August 10th, 2024
The BBSI Partnering Workshop is for ladies interested in participating in a daily partnering class with the men at BBSI. Ladies will also take daily technique and variations classes.
Dancers will have the option to attend both weeks, or choose one of the two weeks to attend. A tuition discount is offered to students who attend for both weeks.
Ladies must be age 11-18 in an intermediate to advanced ballet level. A video or in-person audition is required for the BBSI Partnering Workshop. Class size is very limited. There will be a wait list.
In-Person audition information:
BBSI will host an in-person audition for the BBSI Partnering Workshop (date and time to be announced).
The audition will be held at the International Ballet Academy at 201 Davis Grove Circle, Suite 104, Cary, North Carolina, 27513.
Video audition requirements:
All combinations should be done en pointe in the center for dancers with a minimum of two years en pointe. Video footage MUST be taken no more than 3 months prior to application. If the dancer is not yet en pointe and would still like to apply, please send us an email for more information.
- Adage combination
- Échappé and Passé pointe work combination
- Turning combination
- Grand Allegro combination
Note: BBSI does not provide personal feedback for video auditions. Not submitting the requested combinations (submitting a variation instead, etc.) may negatively impact audition results. We keep will video applications open until we reach maximum capacity.
BBSI Partnering Workshop daily classes include:
- Ladies Technique (two hours)
- Ladies Variations (one hour)
- Partnering (one hour)
BBSI 2024 Faculty
BBSI 2024 Faculty Coming Soon! Faculty is subject to change.
BBSI Week One OR Week Two: $410.00
BBSI Week One AND Week Two: $690.00
There is an additional $30.00 registration fee.
Tuition, registration fees, audition fees, and merchandise purchases are non-refundable.
Dancers will have the option to attend both weeks of BBSI, or choose one of the two weeks to attend. A tuition discount is offered to families who attend for both weeks.
Boys Ballet Summer Intensive is a proud Partner Intensive at the American Dance Competition | International Ballet Competition. We offer scholarships to BBSI at this competition. Financial aid is not available.
Dress Code is mandatory
- Black spaghetti strap leotard (cotton or microfiber, no tank leotards)
- Pink or skin-tone tights
- Ballet flat shoes
- Pointe shoes (to be worn for center, Partnering, and Variations, NO DEAD SHOES)
- No shorts, large hair accessories, or large earrings. (Skirts are allowed only in Variations)
INJURY WITHDRAWAL POLICY
Refunds due to injuries are offered on a case-by-case basis. A doctor’s note is required for consideration.
In terms of an injury withdrawal, 25% of all tuition payments is nonrefundable.
After June 1st, there are no injury refunds.
HEALTH & SAFETY POLICIES
The current BBSI 2024 Health & Safety Protocols are as follows:
- COVID-19 vaccinations are not required for this year’s session
- Face masks are optional
- If the dancer presents any symptoms (Fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, nausea, etc.), the dancer will not enter the studios and will notify the staff of their symptoms immediately
- Boys Ballet Summer Intensive reserves the right to change or amend any of these policies or guidelines based on the evolving nature of information for COVID-19.